Role: Web Developer
Salary: £25- £35K DOE
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am-5:30pm and 9am- 17:00on Friday
Our client are a leading wholesaler and creator of personalised products.
The successful candidate will be working with our existing team to build and maintain a variety of bespoke, and theme derived website solutions. Our projects range from small WordPress brochure sites for local businesses to large WooCommerce sites for national brands. We also create solutions for use by group companies in the UK and around the world.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing high-performance websites that adhere to SEO standards and deliver a great user experience and incorporate reliable security measures. As a strong team player, you will have the opportunity to help develop and improve the existing development processes in place as well as bring new ideas to the table.
You will be expected to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, so you need good organisational skills. You will be talking to anyone from end users to customers to business owners, all with varying technical knowledge so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. With a positive can-do attitude, confidence and great team-working skills you’ll be able to complete projects on time and to the highest standards.
- Developing new and updating current WordPress & WooCommerce sites operating both bespoke and off the shelf themes
- Ongoing maintenance of the current websites’ portfolio
- Planning new websites with the team
- Assisting with and quoting requested works
- Testing new development work thoroughly
- Keep up to date with latest technologies, services, and trends.
- Open-minded attitude to adopt new practices.
- Ensuring our websites comply with Google’s best practices.
- Object Orientated Programming
- LAMP stack environments
- WordPress & WooCommerce custom theme development
- PHP7 & MySQL
- Running updates to WordPress and plugins, fixing bugs along the way
- Experience in optimising WordPress to Google and GTMetrix criteria
- Configuring and creating plugins
- Understanding of SEO and the importance of semantic HTML elements
- Mobile-first responsive development
- Capable of exporting assets from Adobe Programs
- Operating a Windows PC
- Comprehensive testing process and an eye for detail
The successful candidate:
In addition to the main work on WordPress based systems we also create web and mobile applications using technologies such as Angular, React, and Vue coupled with Ionic.
Any experience or exposure to these technologies would be useful and there will be opportunities for a developer to use and learn these technologies together with other modern technologies throughout their career.
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Training courses included
- Friendly / family environment
- Flexible remote working
- Pension Plan
- Westfields Health Plan
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 25 days with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Staff discount
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.