Role: Sales Account Manager
Salary: basic of up to £45K DOE + generous commission structure
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8am- 16:30pm & 8:30am- 16:30 on Friday
Our client are an international manufacturers supplying into the Rail, Oil and Gas industries.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the main responsibilities of the Sales Account Manager include:
- A client base will be inherited whereby you will be required to grow and nurture these accounts which will be 75% of your role
- 25% of your role will be sourcing new business within the Rail and Transport markets
- Prepare and implement strategic plan for the sector with a 3 year forward plan of sales.
- Identify new business opportunities – including growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Identify competition and their USP.
- Seek out and make contact with appropriate people within our target customer base.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers – Report back results to the business.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Interpret the needs/problems of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a solution.
- Have a solid understanding of the businesses’ products or services.
- Work closely with Bid Development Managers to produce technically and commercially compliant bids to a very high quality.
- Nurture Customer relationship from initial enquiry through to delivery to stimulate repeat business.
- Discuss and direct promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
You will manage your own diary and be on the road covering the UK nationally, however you will be expected to be in the office when not on the road.
The successful candidate:
- Sales of LV & MV switchgear would be advantageous
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of selling into Electrics sectors would be advantageous.
- Experience in Rail with desirable experience in Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Ports would be advantageous.
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and Autocad Electrical / Mechanical
- High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated target driven person
- Company car or car allowance
- Claim back mileage weekly or monthly
- 24 days holidays+ stats
- Christmas shutdown
- Onsite parking
- Death in service
- Life assurance scheme
- Bupa private healthcare
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.